Sectional Sofa: Trend or a Must in the Interior
What kind of connections do we have with sofas? The first thing that comes to mind is a big clumsy duster in the center of the living room, used only during the holiday season or Super Bowl watch party. If this is your association, this article will change your perception and help to place a sectional couch with bed directly in the heart of your New York apartment. This piece of furniture will take the main role during the guest reception, regular nap, or at family gatherings after a long day.
Choosing a Sectional Sofa: Tips to Follow
To buy a sectional sofa sleeper may be very challenging, and require extra effort and some basic design knowledge. Besides price and size, there are some crucial factors to consider to ensure your choice is multifunctional, and not turning it to another ugly duster. To make this process easier, Below is a list of main criteria for choosing the best sofa set:
- Ensure that it is your room size. We are talking about not only the obvious and visual size of the furniture. Excluding its ability to come through the door and fit in between two walls, sectional sofas in small rooms should be comfortable. The seating side should face the TV or stereo system while giving enough space to pull the sofa out into a relaxed position.
- The corner side comfortability is another vital point. It depends on the sofa’s shape, but still the corner section, should not be an obstacle or limit movement in any way. The best way to exclude any discomfort is to draw a plan of your living room or use the free software. It will show all the objects and how they harmonize with each other. It will help to visualize the whole picture and the place the sofa bed will take in your house.
- Color theme. For an inexperienced person with zero background in design, the choice of color may spoil the whole interior. If you see the cheap sofa sectionals furniture of your dream color, don’t make an immediate purchase. The color determines the look of an entire room, and very dark colors can make a room smaller and gloomy. On the contrary, a well-chosen color can brighten your living room and give the entire interior a pleasant look. Again, it's not enough to be guided and rely only on your own taste preferences. It is recommended to use special software to see which colors would match with the rest of the furniture. The main rule here is that the color of the sofa should match the general color scheme, and not antagonize it.
- Material. Flamboyant exteriors, and shabby interiors. This is a very common mistake made by people, who are trying to save money and buy a cheap sectional sofa. The general look at first glance can be misleading. When a leather-made sofa cost is very cheap, there is enough reason to doubt it's quality. The cushion is the most expensive part and responsible for the durability and quality of your couch. The frame should be made of quality wood and consist of a single item rather than being assembled from different pieces. The wood should not be dry, but at the same time, it should be qualitatively processed and have no scrapes. This can cause damage to the sofa covering and sometimes even your injuries. Of course, the external surface is also an important detail when choosing a sofa. But it's just a matter of taste and budget. If you have small children or animals in the house that can damage the covering, we suggest you pay attention to the fabric covering. It's easy to wash and replace in case of damage. If you want to lay emphasis on the outlook of your house and make your living room a more suitable place for special occasions, then pay attention to the leather covering. It will cost you a fortune, but such a sofa will definitely serve you longer and stay trendy for a while.
- Comfort and functionality. No matter the beauty of your sofa, if it gets your back or makes you uncomfortable, then the beauty and other factors don't matter. First of all, the sectional couch sofa bed is designed for quality healthy sleep and sitting, which does not harm your posture. In addition, the sofa can have drawers for storing linen. This is very convenient for NY apartments with limited space. The extra space can be used as a laptop holder, bookshelf, or coffee table.
Shape Matters: What are the Options?
Angles and curves in the world of design have very specific terminology. If you've decided to do detailed research, you'll get accustomed to the kinds of section sofa bed shapes. Below is a great way to help with the search and make the right decision. Let’s get it started:
- L-shaped sofa: You have definitely seen this one in every single commercial with a family gathering. It depicts a capital letter ‘L’ and usually comprises of 3-5 pieces. It has a corner space, which is a perfect place for magazines, games or CDs. Good choice for the sectional couch in the small living room as it can be placed against the wall.
- U-shaped sofa: No surprises here, it comes in the shape of the letter ‘U’ and will be perfect for a crowdy family ‘get together’. Unfortunately, only house owners with big accommodation space can afford such furniture. It takes a lot of accommodation space to fit the furniture.
- Chaise lounge sofa: This sectional couches bed can easily be turned into an extra sleeping place. Again, pay attention to its shape if you are limited in space, nevertheless, it can be:
- Right-arm facing
- Left-arm facing
Easy to understand, it goes about arms and their position, when facing the sofa. This only matters if you select the corner where the sofa will be placed.
- Modular sofa: The latest trend in the world of furniture sectional sofa bed. It consists of different modules, which are easily removable or replaced. It provides flexibility and allows us to give the interior a flamboyant look. Basically, this option is a multi-combination of all the types in one and suitable for color and style enthusiast. But still, a little caution wouldn't hurt here. If you are new to design or do not have a creative taste, it is better to leave the installation of a modular sofa for professionals.
How to Improve Sofa Look with the Right Accessories
When you decide to buy a cheap sectional couch, this purchase will serve you for years. Of course, you don't repair them every year, and the probability that your furniture will be worn out after a couple of months is low. That's the beauty of modular sofas. You can always mix them up with the right accessories.
A slipcover is the most affordable accessory, which not only decorates the piece of furniture but also has a protective function. Change it every day and admire the new look. And the sofa remains new.
Tray. This item can be added to your sofa anytime. It's a great option for getting rid of the table and making movie nights even more comfortable.
Armrests or corner pieces. These two items have similar functionality – to create a comfy place for your arms. Usually, they differ in the material used for their production. The armrest is a wooden material and logically it is hard and stable, and the corner piece is an extension of a sofa, which is softer and comfy.
Sleeper or lounge. Due to this section, your sofa can fold out and become a sleeping place. It is a must if you are planning to use a sofa as a sectional couches bed.
Turn the Sofa Shopping into Adventure
If you are not in urgent need of a sofa, you can enjoy the process and find the best available option. Wondering where to get a sectional couch for sale near me? We have prepared few advice for your perfect shopping:
Buy cheap sectional sofas online. This advice is obvious and online shopping becomes a non-negotiable norm during the pandemic. The Good thing is that on the internet we can read reviews of real users and avoid making any impulsive purchases. Online marketplaces gather offers from all the furniture retailers and you can get an alert about the lowest price. But the disadvantage of this shopping is that you can not get a real look and feel of the item and buy sectional sofa bed without sitting on it or testing it, it can lead to many future regrets such as poor choice selection.
Visiting a furniture showroom. Getting professional support and testing your investment are the main benefits of visiting retail shops. You can make a quality check right away and get assistance in terms of fabric and material choice.
If you are a resident of the New-York or New-Jersey area, visiting a ParamusMegaFurniture Store may be a good option for you. To buy a cheap sectional couch can be an easy task with them, as they offer a wide range of furniture meeting any budget. Besides that, they take care of the delivery, so go ahead with your dream couch purchase without a headache or costly mistakes.
Hopefully, this overview will turn your renovation into an exciting journey, and your sectional couches bed will be a successful investment and will bring joy to the whole family for years.