Leather Sofas and Couches - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some of the most commonly asked questions such as, what are the benefits of purchasing a quality leather sofa, how to handle a leather sofa, how to properly care for furniture, as well as questions on the standard prices for sofas will be answered below.
Let’s dive in!
Is it true that leather sofas and couches are cold in the winter and hot in the summer?
The simple answer is false. Genuine leather sofas are made from an all-organic material with no synthetics, which adapts to your body temperature as soon as you sit down. However, when real leather is exposed to direct sunlight or left in an unheated room, it heats up or becomes extremely cold to touch. it will.
What factors have a bigger influence on one’s decision to buy a leather couch?
Most buyers are influenced by two main factors: comfortability and cost. A leather couch that contours, and relieves pressure points and stress from the body is more likely to be bought than one that isn’t as comfortable. Pricing is another important factor you must consider when buying a new leather couch. If the price is too high or exceeds your budget, it will affect your buying decision.
How durable is a leather sofa?
A high-quality leather sofa will serve you for about 25 years or more. If you take good care of the material, most leather couches or sofas can last even up to 40 years! You should understand the way to properly clean a leather couch before purchasing one.
Is it easy to clean a leather sofa?
Yes! It’s fairly easy to clean a leather sofa. Even when your children or pets make a mess, leather is still easier to clean than a fabric material. To remove stains, you simply need to spot-clean instead of using a wet cloth to wipe the entire surface. You can also check out the manufacturer’s care instructions on how to preserve your couch-life.
Remember to dust off and polish your leather couch often and with a dry microfiber cloth to maintain its fresh look.
How to spot a leather sofa from natural material?Probably the biggest sign of an organic leather sofa is the price. The price of leather couches don't suddenly drop to a minimum; so you won’t find a high-quality leather sofa displayed on a grandiose sale. Another way to spot an all-natural leather couch is the way it feels against the skin as well as the smell it gives off. Remember that real animal leather has a soft not plastic feel to touch. If the couch or sofa gives off a toxic or harsh smell, that may be a sign that it’s not 100% organic.
Leather Sofas and Couches for the Living Room
If you are looking to furnish your living room with leather, then keep on reading. A stylish and durable leather sofa for the living room adds a sophisticated feel to your house.
Check out the catalog in our store to find a variety of styles and designs of real leather sofas and couches. They come in an array of different colors, types, shapes, and sizes. You can also check out the sofa designs that fit your building style as well as satisfy your taste.
Apart from classic leather sofas, you can purchase a sofa bed instead. That way, you are combining your sleeping area and living room in one place. This is especially useful for students or nomads who move around a lot.
If you are looking for maximum comfort, practicality, and functionality, then your ideal choice would be a sectional leather sofa. We also have sectional sofas with recliners and headrests to maximize your comfort. In our store, you can always find your prefered leather couch online.
Most people who are against animal cruelty during the manufacturing of genuine leather, will find great alternatives in our catalogue. A furniture with leatherette upholstery(alternative for animal lovers) will still give you the luxurious look of a leather living sofa.
How to Choose Leather Sofas and Couches for the Living Room
A leather sofa is a luxurious and elegant element of furniture fittings. Such products are preferred for their durability, comfortability, ease of care, and a neat appearance. Leather sofa in the living room is always a sign of a good taste and wealth of the house owner.
While fabric-made sofas quickly get dirty, color-fade, and require frequent dry cleaning, leather couches on the other hand, are easy to maintain and preserve for a much longer time.
To choose the right leather sofa or couch, follow our tips below.
The quality of the leather directly determines how long the furniture will last. Before buying a leather sofa, it’s essential to take a look at the material source, touch it to feel the quality of the material.
When choosing and buying a leather couch or sofa, pay attention to these indicators:
- Quality leather doesn’t sag. You can easily sit down on the sofa for a few minutes, get up quickly, to see how fast it bounces back to its original shape. The leather should instantly straighten, even when tightly stretched.
- High-quality leather breathes. You can check this theory out by placing your hand on the couch or sofa. High-quality leather will quickly heat up from the warmth of your hand. Poor quality and cheap material will remain cold and feel artificial.
- Smooth seams indicate high-quality material. They should be smooth, without overlapping. You can test the durability of the seams by stretching the leather in the area of the seam, sharply releasing it. Quality lines should become almost invisible. If the holes from the needle remain, then the leather will soon wear out and eventually tear in those areas.
- High-quality dye for leather dressing is a guarantee of a good product. To test this, simply swipe a wet cotton cloth over the surface, if the leather has great quality, then traces of paint should not show on the cotton cloth.
Model and Folding Type
To make the sofas as comfortable as possible and to remain in good condition for a long time, you need to choose the right size and model, paying careful attention to the type of folding. For example, L-Shape Sectional Sofas are great for living rooms and for big families. Such sofas allow room for more people to sit. They can also easily be transformed into a sleeping space. If a 2-in-1 leather couch in the living room is important for you, then pay attention to the folding mechanism.
One of the most important elements to consider when choosing a sofa is the material of the frame.
Expect expensive leather sofa models to have high-quality wooden frames too. Woods such as, beech, walnut, ash, or oak commonly used. Thanks to their varying strengths and characteristics, these wood provide adequate support to prevent your sofa from sagging too soon. Simpler models of leather couches for homes are often made from pine or birch wood. In the cheapest products, a chipboard is used for framing. It’s important to ensure the chipboard is covered with a special paint.
Also, you can choose a product with metallic frames. Such frames are used for high-tech sofa models as it allows manufacturers to produce daring design ideas with unique shapes. Metal frames are also very easy to maintain and care for; they can help your couch last for years on end.
The leather couch in the living room should be comfortable! We advise you to test the comfortability of the couch leather before purchasing. This test is essential because it helps you understand if the couch fits your body type and weight. Some couches have too low or high back support, which is certainly not a one-size-fits-all body type. Every sofa will feel differently for each person; hence, the importance of understanding what your body needs to feel the optimum comfort.
Leather Sofas by Paramus Mega Furniture Store
Paramus Mega Furniture Store (ny and nj) offers you many useful features that greatly benefit you when buying real leather sofas. You can find all these models in our catalogue:
- High quality of items - all items are made of the highest quality materials, purchased from trusted manufacturers with a good market reputation;
- Affordable prices - we guarantee affordable prices for our products without hidden fees and additional surcharges;
- Provides custom designs - we are ready to bring your vision to reality. If you can dream it, we can customize it and at an affordable cost;
- You can try out the qualities of real leather from our ready-made samples at our offline store;
- Huge variety of choices - our furniture store of leather sofas provides you with a great opportunity to choose from a wide variety of models. We have options suitable for large families, studio apartments, for sleeping or for relaxing with friends, and lots more.
To buy a leather sofa online, simply look through our catalogue, choose the right one, call or email us to place an order or ask questions.
If you are located in New York or New Jersey, we have great news for you - our store is situated in your area! So, stop by to see the best samples of leather furniture and more for a comfortable life!