Leather Sectional Sofas as a Key Decor Element: Turning Excruciating Selection Process into a Pleasant Journey
The interior design stage is considered a difficult renovation stage. Just focusing on the family-shared living space and a modern-looking sofa seems to be a comfortable yet stylish solution. They simply have no alternatives when it comes to multi-functionality. With small sectional couches becoming popular lately, there are no more sophisticated-looking living spaces without sofas. Although there is now a wide range of sofa sets, choosing the perfect one for your house is not as simple a task as it sounds. You will need tips to guide you in the decision-making process.
Leather Furniture is a Relic: Why it is Decorating Every Home in 21st Century
It's easy to get carried away by the many stereotypes and myths about sectional leather sofas. Leather sofas are often associated with the man caves or old-fashioned business offices; however, it turns out that the majority of the living rooms in modern houses or apartments have leather sofas.
Here is why:
- Despite the eco-friendly trend, leather remains the only hypoallergenic material. It does not attract or build up pet hair, dirt, and dust, making it safe for health;
- It is easy to clean, making it a perfect solution for party lovers or families with pets and small children;
- Sofa manufacturers care about the environment, and offer products from zero waste and non-animal upholstery solutions;
- Like Lego bricks, a leather sectional sofa can be combined from different modules, comfortably fitting rooms of any size and matching colors palette of your choice;
- With module sets, one-piece can be easily replaced by another, in case of damage or desire to get rid of it. This is particularly helpful for small families looking to expand;
- As sofas consist of many parts and pieces, it can go through any door, get on the second floor, and be modified depending on the situation. For example, if you need more space for an event, you could easily move pieces of sofa to a different room.
Criteria to Keep in Mind Choosing the Couch
Many newbies in interior design limit their searches to one inquiry: "sectional leather sofas near me." This research method requires more effort and time-consuming. Below are a few things to do that will ease the stress of researching for the right sectional leather sofa.
Start with the space evaluation. Take a tape measure and write down all the parameters. The key is to fit your sofa easily into your room with enough room to move around without obstructions. If you plan to hang a TV in front of a sectional leather couch, keep the distance to it in mind, making sure it will be safe for your eyes. Additional decor, such as a coffee table, lamp, flowerpot, etc., should be on this design sketch as well; otherwise, it would be difficult to place it later on. Consider daylight and house lighting fixtures, too; people have a habit of obstructing the light while sitting on the sofa.
Shapes and looks matter too. There is no surprise that leather couches that are also sectional but offered in a regular arrangement help avoid headaches. If you intend to build something unique that would be perfect for your home, then pay attention to modular models. Many internet services and online shopping platforms, like Wayfair, allow creating a design and checking which sectional leather sofas are on sale and available for purchase. Their services provide helpful features to recreate an entire room design. They even render a 360-degree view of potential future decor options.
Shapes and sizes are two crucial criteria to consider. This depends on the room space as well as the financial situation or budget. You can test your creative powers by building a unique design, but if this is your first time renovating a home, sectional leather sofas on sale, come in handy.
Standard modern leather couches are available in L and U-Shapes.
L- Shape would perfectly suit modern living rooms with a compact design. Seldom, but this is a good alternative for apartment owners too. Additionally, it can be easily modified to ensure your family's comfort.
U-Shape, on the other hand, is a better solution for house owners who can afford more living space for their sofa. U-Shaped fittings create a classier design and make the interior feel luxe. However, moving things around it will be a real hassle as the shape of the furniture poses an obstacle.
Get the Pieces Together
Now that you understand why you need a modern sectional leather piece of furniture and the checklist to complete before going to buy it, let's proceed with the type of modules available:
- Sofas with footstool. This form is known as ottoman - favorite parts of modern sectional leather sofas with no back. It can serve as a perfect bed for legs or be a holder for your laptop or popcorn bucket. It is easily movable and can adapt to your legs' position.
- Chaises. This type of sofa would be an excellent fit for people who use couches for naps and rest. If you are limited in space, but still like guests who stay the night over, this couch can be combined as a bed and entertainment place in one. Often it comes with an inside storage space, which can fit in linens, extra blankets, and pillows.
- A corner is considered as a central unit of the whole product. Its main feature is sofa extension, but this extension has some bad qualities. It can fill the room, but be no good for either sitting or lying down. Before you make this module your choice, always consider its purpose and usage. If you plan to fit as many friends as possible to watch a football match every other day, go with the rounded-cornered ones. However, if you are going to host guests over, then go with the angular unit.
- A one-in-all sofa-bed solution. If you are hunting for a one-in-all solution for a tiny New-York or New-Jersey apartment, the sofa-bed would be a smart decision. During the day, it can serve as a working area or place for family and friends to gather around. And during the night, it can turn into a pop up comfy bed. The added value is in its invisibility and versatility. It's hidden without a sign on the couch. Due to its low popularity, sectional leather sofas are on sale quite often.
What Is It Worth: The Cost of Modern Accessories for Interior?
Modular sofas are available at different prices, and it is possible to find very decent options at any budget. Keep in mind that leather is not a cheap material and usually, the furniture made of it is manufactured in Italy and Germany. This causes the value to go higher, and considering the brand name, handwork, and shipment, the price can go as high as $4000 to $8000. Also, interestingly, a price cap does not exist.
The good news is that buying a couch with a good discount, primarily via online shopping, is more realistic. Last year's collections were generally cheaper. Marketing goes crazy around big holidays, and good pieces are sold at affordable prices. Many NY shops offer sectional leather sofas on sale during the Christmas Holidays or on Black Fridays, during which you can save money apiece at $800.
And last but not least, the count is the number of units in the leather furniture sectional. The more units consist of a sofa, the higher the price you have to pay. Its beauty is in the ability to buy additional units any time later. If the price still bites, pay attention to couches made of fabric or eco-friendly materials. These options are cheaper but do not look inferior in functionality and appearance.
New Jersey Couch Shopping Spots
Shopping is an essential part of finding a sectional leather sofa. NY and NJ areas have numerous design studios as well as online shops with a delivery to your door. Some shops like Paramus Mega Furniture offer both a wide range of sectional leather couches online as well as offline showrooms to get some visibility on the products.
Finding a perfect set of a sectional leather couch is impossible without giving it an inspection. It’s always better to touch it and get a feel of it. Don’t hesitate to sit down or even lay down on a couch to check the level of comfort and possibly extra sound. Close your eyes and imagine how well it will blend into your interior. Check the module units and ensure that they easily join together and have no defects.
Got a New Sofa: Apply Proper Product Care
Are you excited about your new purchase? Remember, a sectional leather sofa couch is the number one decor piece in the house, and to keep it fresh and stylish for a long time, take proper care of the product.
With sectional leather sofas, wipe it with warm soapy water to keep your four-legged friends away from sketching it. Slipcover is a must if you are expecting to spend a lot of time on the couch. Slipcovers can also emphasize your design and style. They require minimal effort in maintenance and can be machine-washed; keep your couch looking like brand new furniture even in 5 or 10 years.
Buying a sectional leather sofa is a smart investment for both coziness and comfort.